Golder’s Process and Infrastructure Design groupis seeking a Junior or Intermediate Laboratory Technician for its Sudbury, Ontario office. This position will include involvement on technically challenging material characterization studies with testing performed both in the Sudbury laboratory and in the field.
Duties will include but are not limited to the following:
- Hands-on laboratory testing, encompassing routine, advanced and often innovative tests to assess the physical properties of materials;
- Performing flow loop testing, settling and filtration testing and rheological characterization;
- Preparing factual reports as required of test results;
- Participating in Golder’s Health & Safety program; and,
- Assisting with all aspects of laboratory work as required.
- An integral part of our design team is our leading edge laboratory services. Golder’s Process and Infrastructure Design group has made a significant investment in our in-house process testing laboratory. This world-class testing facility is located in Sudbury, Ontario, Canada. Our laboratory group works closely with the mining and processing engineering group.
- Golder’s Process and Infrastructure Design iIs a group within Golder’s North American Mining Division. As part of Golder Associates worldwide, we have access to the full international team of integrated geotechnical and mining specialists. This vast resource is combined with our EPCM (Engineering, Procurement, Construction Management) group and allows us to provide specialized innovative, cost-effective and reliable material dewatering and transport solutions for mine backfill and surface tailings disposal, including water treatment consulting engineering services that are unsurpassed in the industry.