Golder’s Whitehorse office is seeking an Intermediate to Senior consultant to lead the growth and development of our geotechnical engineering business in the Yukon. Golder has been active in the north for over 40 years, and our focus on Yukon business opportunities is growing. We are looking for an enterprising, dynamic, and highly competent individual to become part of our growing team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for participating in, and managing, a variety of civil/geotechnical engineering projects in a diverse range of client sectors. The candidate will also work closely with other members of Golder’s regional Geotechnical Group in a business development and client service role. While the primary focus will be on civil and geotechnical projects, opportunities will exist to work with other disciplines and offices throughout the BC and Alaska Regions as well as elsewhere.
- Junior engineers and technologists will be provided to the Whitehorse operation (from our other offices) to support projects on an as-needed basis, however, the candidate will grow geotechnical business by hiring and retaining junior staff as needed. The successful candidate will provide direction, supervision and mentorship to these individuals;
- The successful candidate will supervise and provide guidance to the junior engineers and technologists in the execution of a wide variety of geotechnical investigations, including soil and rock core logging, geotechnical mapping and instrument installation, on site monitoring during construction, geotechnical analyses and report writing;
- The successful candidate will be responsible for the overall execution of geotechnical projects including delivery of high quality reports provided on time and within budget;
- The successful candidate will help Golder grow our geotechnical business in the Yukon, by building relationships with local authorities and consulting/construction firms. In addition, it is expected the candidate will prepare high quality proposals and work plans;
- The successful candidate will promote a safety first culture for themselves and colleagues.