Golder Associates’ GTA Operations has an opening for an entry level Pavement and Materials Engineering Analyst in their Barrie, Ontario location within the Ground Engineering Services Division on a contract basis.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to develop their skills as a Consulting Engineer by participating in pavement and materials engineering projects from the proposal stage to field programs and reporting.
Responsibilities will include:
While the primary focus will be on pavement and construction materials projects related to the transportation sector, opportunities will exist to work with other engineering disciplines within this multidisciplinary office, as well as other Golder offices in Ontario and elsewhere.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
· A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in civil or geological (geotechnical) engineering, with a M.Sc. or M. Eng. Degree in a relevant Engineering discipline such as pavement, materials, or geotechnical preferred.
· Graduate students or recent graduates with one to two years of work experience.
· Must be eligible to register as an engineer in training in the Province of Ontario with the intention of becoming a licensed professional engineer.
· Strong all-round academic knowledge of geotechnical / pavement / materials engineering.
· Excellent communication skills (both oral and written).
· Strong people skills and an ability to work in a team environment.
· Bilingualism (French / English) an asset.