Golder Associates is seeking an Intermediate / Senior Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) Management Specialist for the Mississauga Ontario office / location. Working closely with our established team of scientists and engineers, you will be responsible for helping to develop the market and Golder’s service offering for HSE management and compliance projects, raising the profile and building the brand of Golder’s HSE Management & Compliance group.
Duties will also include:
· proposal development, project execution, client relationship management and project management.
· providing technical excellence in management system and compliance auditing, management systems development and implementation projects, hazard / risk identification, assessment and controls, emergency preparedness and response planning, pollution prevention planning and due diligence, as appropriate.
· Liaising with, and to the extent necessary provide support to, other discipline teams in the Environmental Management Group.
· Mentoring more junior staff in the Group. Over time, your responsibilities may evolve to include providing project direction and hiring junior and intermediate staff.
· Providing input into business planning, meeting with existing and new Golder clients, develop opportunities and build business for Golder, providing tactical thought leadership for planning, design, and development of HSE Management & Compliance services.
· Participating with other Golder staff, locally, regionally, nationally and internationally in the development and review of the HSE Management & Compliance business in Golder.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
1. At least a Bachelors degree in Science or Engineering (Master’s preferred);
2. At least seven (7) to ten (10) years of relevant consulting or industry experience. Preference will be given to candidates with strong industrial acumen and experience in both environmental and health and safety fields; and
3. Preference will be given to candidates with professional certifications or those eligible for certification in one or more of the following fields: environmental auditing [e.g. EP(certified environmental auditor)], environmental management systems [e.g. EP(EMS)], safety (e.g. Canadian Registered Safety Professional).