At Golder Associates we strive to be the most respected global company providing consulting, design, and construction services in our specialist areas of earth, environment, and the related areas of energy. Employee owned since our formation in 1960, our focus, unique culture and operating environment offer opportunities and the freedom to excel, which attracts the leading specialists in our fields. Golder professionals take the time to build an understanding of client needs and of the specific environments in which they operate
Golder Associates Ltd is currently seeking an Office Coordinator for a maternity leave replacement in our St. Catharines office. This individual will help assist with the day to day administrative operations.
The person in this position will be:
- Greeting and assisting both external and internal clients; screening visitors and telephone calls as required;
- Organizing group and client meetings (both in person, via Skype) and ensuring the appropriate equipment, support, and refreshments are available;
- Acting as the main contact for all suppliers and internal stakeholders;
- Assisting new employees by ensuring they have a desk/office and that all the necessary preparations for their arrival are complete;
- Providing information to local staff on policies, procedures, programs, and group activities;
- Performing general administrative duties as required e.g., updating Golder résumés, making travel arrangements, maintaining group schedules and out of office calendar maintenance, preparing presentations, etc.;
- Preparing correspondence, reports, proposals, forms and specialized documents from drafts, notes, brief instructions, corrected paperwork or dictated tapes; proofreading materials for accuracy, completeness, compliance with corporate policies, formatting adherence and correct English usage, including grammar, punctuation and spelling; and ensuring the product is “camera-ready” for copying, following through on document completion procedures and courier packages;
- Ensuring the smooth operation of office equipment and machinery, arranging for maintenance and repair work as required;
- Maintaining an adequate supply of stationary materials and groceries to ensure smooth operations of the St. Catharines location; and
- Recording and uploading trainings into the Learning Management System (LMS) database, including Health & Safety Orientations from new hires and occasionally trainings taken with external providers that need to be recorded in the LMS
- Performing other duties as required.