A member of the Global Marketing team, the Communications & PR Manager is responsible for driving the execution of all external communications for Golder. This includes increasing media mentions in key publications, positioning Golder as the ‘top of mind’ engineering firm in our global markets, providing leadership for public affairs, media relations, leadership communications and crisis and issues management.
This position requires a creative and driven communications professional with a passion for connecting the dots and for driving innovative programs that build corporate reputation. He/she has demonstrated ability to thrive in a demanding, complex global environment. The role is primarily responsible for working with key partners across the organization to direct the development and implementation of high quality integrated communications strategies that support Golder’s business plan and goals. Reports to the Director of Global Marketing.
- Work with the Director of Global Marketing to establish and implement external communications strategies for Golder focused on brand positioning and market growth
- Continually research and react expeditiously to external communications needs and opportunities, providing constant and candid feedback about potential issues, threats and opportunities.
- Develop a variety of high-quality communication materials including writing, research, and editing of news releases, backgrounders, key message briefs, pitch letters, fact sheets, by-lined articles, social media or blog content, articles, speeches, op-ed letters, and support materials.
- Source high quality content (working collaboratively with marketing strategists) for Golder’s content channels through a combination of external writers, content provided by colleagues, and own writing;
- Maximize multi-media (podcasts, webinars, video content, social) to modernize storytelling in Golder.
- Contribute to Golder’s overall digital and social media strategies, working with Social Media Specialist and Digital Team;
- Working closely with Director of Global Marketing, develop and implement Golder’s overall media strategy, maintaining effective proactive and reactive media relations to raise the profile of and protect the reputation of the company.
- Collaborate with various departments to develop story angles and programs that garner positive media exposure and attention in both traditional and non-traditional media outlets.
- Build relationships with key media and influencer contacts.
- Provide media training and public speaking guidance to company spokespeople.
- Manage media monitoring activities and measurement reporting.
- Respond to media inquiries and manage media strategies/approaches internally.
Public Relations/Crisis Communications
- Coordinate public aspects of any issue or crisis, including emergency response communication strategies and implementation; work closely with Director of Global Communications and Director of Global Marketing to ensure proper plans and programs are in place.
- Ensure that Golder’s story is communicated to stakeholders both within and outside the company. Responsible for executing the company's content strategy, managing the company wide content calendar and established reporting metrics;
Manage other special projects as assigned.