Golder Associates is seeking a dynamic Junior Air Quality and Noise Specialist to join their Atmospheric Services Team at their Ottawa office on a full time basis.
The successful candidate will be involved in a broad range of responsibilities, including:
· Carrying out air quality assessments, as part of a larger group and consists of: emission inventory development, data analysis, calculations, atmospheric dispersion modelling and reporting;
· Field work including source identification, data collection, fugitive dust sampling and ambient air quality and noise monitoring, (instrument set up, calibration, data acquisition and analysis);
· Coordination work with the laboratory for air sampling;
· Assist on multi-disciplinary projects (environmental assessments) with data analysis and reporting;
· Assist in the preparation of proposals and project reports as directed.
· Assist with business development and client support under the direction of intermediate and senior staff; and,
· Interface and collaborate with other technical staff in Ontario and Canada;
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
· A minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical, Mechanical, Environmental Engineering, or Sciences;
· 1 to 3 years previous experience working in the environmental sciences profession;
· Experience in environmental consulting, air or noise Assessment or completion of atmospheric, acoustics, noise and/or vibration courses
· Knowledge of industrial processes is an asset;
· Strong interpersonal skills, and excellent communication skills written and verbal;
· Preference will be given to bilingual (French/English) candidates
· Possess as valid driver’s licence and the ability to drive as required; and
· Well-developed computer skills (e.g. Excel, programming in Visual Basic, C++, Labview, etc.) would be an asset.
Regularly ranked as one of the best companies to work for.
As a global, employee-owned organisation with over 50 years of experience, Golder Associates is driven by our purpose to engineer earth’s development while preserving earth’s integrity. From more than 180 offices worldwide, our over 8000 employees deliver solutions that help our clients achieve their sustainable development goals by providing a wide range of independent consulting, design and construction services in our specialist areas of earth, environment and energy.
For more information, visit golder.com.
No phone calls please. We thank all the individuals who expressed interest.
Only those individuals who are selected for interviews will be contacted.